Are you interested in completing a Service Year with Americorps VISTA?
Come Serve with us at Springfield Family Center!
SFC's VISTA Gets To:
• Help Fight Food Insecurity in the Springfield Area
•Hosting Fundraisers, Community Events, and Educational Workshops
•Volunteer Recruitment and Management
•The Grant Writing Process
•Creating Educational and Marketing Content, and Managing Social Media For a Nonprofit
•A Bi-Weekly Living Stipend
•Living Stipends Aren't Included Towards public benefits such as ReachUp/3Squares •Workshops and Professional Trainings
•Professional Development Funds For Attending Workshops Of Your Choice
•Work Experience in the Nonprofit Sector
•An Educational Award of $6000 orAn End of Service Stipend of $1800
•Student Loan Forbearance/Forgiveness
•Federal Noncompetitive Eligibility (NCE) After Completion of Service
The VISTA member at our site will assist in combating food insecurity within our community through organizational capacity building. This will be accomplished through several avenues including:
Social networking with the community in collaboration with community partners and service recipients.
Increasing awareness for charitable food programs through the development of promotional materials, social media campaigns, volunteer recruitment, and program development.
Assisting the director to build capacity through grant writing and planning/hosting fundraising activities and events.
Increasing community awareness and involvement by assisting with public events for service recipients and other constituents.
Go to http://my.americorps.gov and click Join at the top of the page. Search for Springfield Family Center under the "Search Listings" tab and submit your application.
Springfield Family Center just celebrated 50 years of operations, in which time we've served countless families and individuals facing economic hardships. If you've visited our food shelf, received a food box, a meal, or any other services from us in the past and have a story of how this made a difference, we would like to hear about it! Our mission is to provide help and foster hope, and we would love to highlight your experiences.
Through the end of May, Springfield Family Center is hosting a Story Drive to give folks an opportunity to share fond memories from our years of service. All stories can be kept anonymous if you choose. Please fill out the survey form online or in person here at SFC, and put your name and contact info to be entered into a raffle for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate to Shaw's Supermarket.
We have received some great stories so far, and are looking forward to hearing from you about how Springfield Family Center has touched your life! Find the form on our website, on-site at SFC's building, or tell us your story here: https://forms.gle/dEHC5jHQpVAtDj2u6
Springfield Family Center is still seeking an Assistant Director to join our team!
Springfield Family Center is seeking a full time Assistant Director (AD) to work closely with the Executive Director (ED). The Assistant Director (AD) will report to and collaborate closely with the Executive Director (ED). Responsibilities to include all aspects of daily operations, program administration and human resources management, while enhancing existing and creating new community partnerships in support of the Springfield Family Center's mission.
- Bachelor's degree/commensurate experience in business management, human services, or related field preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability, problem solving, data analysis, personnel management, and strong people skills. Demonstrated interest in the issue of food insecurity.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate discretion.
- Ability to adjust to the diverse needs of clients, staff, and community stakeholders
- Ability to exercise independent latitude and judgment while adhering to professional and ethical standards.
- Ability to multi-task
- Initiative-taking and resourceful; able to work independently as well as collaboratively with clients, staff, and community partners
- Supervisory experience, Familiarity with nonprofit policies and procedures, and experience in fundraising are all a plus.
- 2 years' experience in writing and administering grants and with fundraising preferred.
- Previous clinical social work experience strongly preferred.
- Collaborator with superior client person centered skills; capacity to engage in critical thinking and analysis of programs and service delivery.
Interested applicants can submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.