Director of Sales and Marketing
Front Porch Forum -- a growing, mission-driven Vermont Public Benefit Corporation -- is seeking a Director to lead our Sales and Marketing Division.
The Director of Sales and Marketing leads the employees that generate the majority of Front Porch Forum's revenue, and develops new products and opportunities to fuel FPF's long-term growth. As a member of the executive team, this person represents a sales and marketing perspective in FPF strategic planning. The Director plays a critical role in enhancing FPF’s ability to help Vermonters connect with neighbors and build more resilient communities, both by increasing revenue and by strengthening FPF's relationships with local businesses, community nonprofits, government agencies and elected officials. This full time (32-40 hours/week) role reports to the CEO and is a flexible hybrid position, with a combination of remote work and time in our Burlington office.
This position directly supervises our team of Sales Reps and Sales Support staff. FPF anticipates that the Sales and Marketing Division will grow in the near future to include more positions and/or an additional team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Bring next-level sales and marketing strategic thinking in support of FPF’s mission
- Work within the executive team to set division goals, develop appropriate tracking dashboards, and monitor progress towards goals
- Supervise, mentor and coach division staff to align with FPF's culture and values
- Lead division in meeting sales goals
- Lead FPF marketing efforts in coordination with a variety of staff
- Continually evaluate and evolve staff roles, Sales and Marketing Division structure, and sales compensation system to increase capacity and improve efficiency
- Identify and work with colleagues across the organization to capitalize on opportunities for new revenue-generating products and services
- Lead efforts to take better advantage of the power of Hubspot and other tools
- Passion for FPF's community-building mission and an understanding of how small businesses, nonprofits and local government help Vermont towns thrive
- Goal-focused leadership and drive for results that is grounded in FPF's mission and guided by compassion and integrity
- Close attention to team culture, supporting our close-knit crew who appreciate and value one another while maintaining a commitment to great service
- Outstanding communication skills, with an emphasis on active listening
- Excellent judgment in the face of incomplete information and the ability to quickly make thoughtful decisions about complex issues
- The ability to lead a team through organizational growth and change
- Ability to handle multiple demands, remain calm, think quickly, and anticipate and solve problems, working independently within established guidelines
- Proactive approach to ongoing self-directed learning, reflection, and professional development
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments
- Willingness to work alongside frontline staff on daily tasks when needed
- Proficiency with many digital tools and facility with learning new ones (we currently rely on Slack, Hubspot, Google Workspace, Xero, and more)
- Ability to work from home or other remote locations, including reliable, high-speed internet; and ability to work at regular intervals from FPF's Burlington office
- At least five years in sales positions of increasing responsibility
- Creating and successfully executing sales and/or marketing plans
- Building and nurturing an engaged and supportive work culture and managing a collaborative sales team
- A history of relational sales, including building long-term relationships with customers
- An understanding of how to leverage the power of Hubspot (or comparable tools) to achieve sales-related goals
- An affinity for data-driven management, including spreadsheet analysis
- Developing and managing budgets
Additionally, the following experiences are a plus:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited educational institution
- Experience working with software development teams
- A broad network of business connections in Vermont
- A history of working with mission-driven businesses or experience in any of the following fields: advertising, digital media, civic tech, journalism
Front Porch Forum
FPF is a Vermont-based Public Benefit Corporation employing two dozen people. Launched in 2006, our service helps neighbors connect and build community. We do that by hosting regional networks of online local forums. Currently, 215,000 members participate across Vermont's 270,000 households, and in small portions of surrounding states. FPF is nationally recognized as a model for using the internet to increase community resiliency, and has been contrasted favorably with the extractive and exploitative approach of Facebook and other Big Tech corporations.
FPF is an equal opportunity employer and supports racial justice. Competitive compensation and benefits. Posted May 27, 2022.