Please complete this form and email a COVER LETTER and RESUME to Michael Wood-Lewis at email@example.com by August 5, 2018. Please include your first and last name in the Subject line of your email message.
Do you love helping neighbors connect? Do you value a strong sense of community among neighbors?
Front Porch Forum is looking to hire a reliable, organized, and self-motivated addition to our highly collaborative Vermont-based team. The ideal candidate is community-minded. S/he is an excellent communicator, values diversity, and is adept at working remotely and with a wide array of digital tools. This is a 35-40 hour per week position, including 5-12 weekend hours. FPF is growing and evolving, so the ability to embrace change is key.
Our award-winning service helps neighbors connect and build community. We do that by hosting regional networks of online local forums. Currently, 150,000 members participate across Vermont.
FPF Online Community Managers provide member support, facilitate online discussions, monitor postings, encourage engagement among members, and continually work to help improve FPF processes and software.
• Passion for helping Vermont communities
• Team-first outlook... committed to working well with other FPF staff
• Member support experience
• Excellent writing skills
• Capacity for making judgement calls on complex issues
• Proficiency with Google apps, online chat, and learning customized systems
• Ability to self-direct work... and follow-through to get it done
• Ability to work at FPF office in Burlington during training period
• Ability to work both from home, and in Burlington office
• Bachelor's degree (preferred)
Equal opportunity employer. Competitive compensation. Posted July 25, 2018.