Do you value a strong sense of community among neighbors? Are you a super-organized administrative wiz?
Front Porch Forum is seeking just such a person to manage the administrative side of our growing business. The Business Manager position is full-time (30-40 hours/week), based in our downtown Burlington office, and reports directly to the CEO.
The person filling this existing role for FPF will handle various aspects of accounting, payroll, employee benefits, human resources, business insurance and other administrative tasks to support our staff of 18, most of whom work remotely around the state. FPF is growing and evolving, so an ability to embrace change is key.
An intuitive understanding of cloud-based tools is required. The Business Manager will use daily: Xero, Stripe, PayPal, online banking and payroll, Slack, GoogleDocs, Gmail, FPF's web app, DropBox, and more.
FPF is an award-winning, for-profit business driven by a mission to help neighbors connect and build community. We do that by hosting a statewide network of online neighborhood and town forums. In Vermont, we have 160,000 member accounts (out of the 260,000 households that exist in the state), and hundreds more join each week.
Competitive compensation. Flexible work schedule. Bright and friendly workspace. Parking included. Terrific co-workers.
To apply, see "Apply Here" box on this page.
• Passion for helping Vermont communities
• Team-first outlook... committed to working well with other FPF staff
• Solid professional bookkeeping experience
• Comfort with cloud-based tools
• Strong attention to detail
• Good communication skills, both written and spoken
• Ability to self-direct work... and follow through to get it done on time!
• Ability to work from Burlington office (some remote work possible)
• Desire and ability to grow professionally as FPF grows and position evolves
• Bachelor's degree (preferred)