FPF is Hiring!
Seeking Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team
Working with Front Porch Forum means building an incredible project, mastering your craft, enjoying competitive compensation and working among the best in your field.
We are currently looking for an intermediate or senior-level Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team. Help us deliver high-quality software as you develop new features and maintain the Front Porch Forum web application.
FPF is a Burlington, Vermont-based mission-driven business. Our mission is to help neighbors connect and build community, and we do that by hosting our statewide network of online local forums. FPF has incredible traction and engagement, with more than half of households participating in most Vermont locales.
The successful candidate will work closely with FPF's world-class software development partner, The Working Group
(based in Toronto).
• Build and maintain the FPF web-based system in Rails and Node.js
• Collaborate with FPF staff, a project manager, developers, designers and QA analysts
• Deliver well-designed, maintainable solutions in a Lean / Agile environment
• Continuously integrate automated software tests and deployments
• 3+ years developing software in a Rails, test-driven-development environment
• Experience working with Linux/Unix systems and open-source software
• Demonstrable knowledge of database design, network services, solution architecture and implementation
• Computer Science or Software Engineering degree or equivalent
Nice to Have
• Experience working with GitHub and AWS-based systems
• Client app development experience (Web, iOS or Android)
• Experience with modern databases such as Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra
• You enjoy working with others in a highly collaborative environment
• You are comfortable working from our Burlington office, your home, and with our partners in Toronto
• You are happy either learning something new or teaching others something you've learned
• You have a passion for technology and solving problems with code
• You have a desire to lead projects from end-to-end and care deeply about craftsmanship and quality
Equal opportunity employer. Posted April 9, 2017. Open until filled.