10 Words for 10 Years
FPF is ten years old now! Help us celebrate with our annual New Year word play and free prize drawing!
Submit your entry before midnight Thursday, January 5, 2017 -- any posting consisting of exactly ten (10) words submitted before the deadline will enter you into a free drawing* to win one of these 25 great prizes:
• One K250 Coffee Maker (in Red) from Keurig
• Two tickets to Cinderella, by State Ballet Theater of Russia Jan. 28, Spruce Peak Arts
• Two 1-Day Lift Tickets (no restrictions) to Sugarbush
• Two 1-Day Lift Tickets (valid mid-week, non-holiday) to Bolton Valley
• One 1-month Family Membership to The Edge
Thanks to the local Vermont businesses who donated these wonderful prizes.
Now get creative! Make your neighbors laugh, cry, smile, think! -- and POST AN ENTRY:
• Go to FrontPorchForum.com and click LOGIN (if not already logged in).
• Once logged in, click MY ACCOUNT.
• Then click COMPOSE POSTING.
• Select posting category "10 Words for 10 Years Raffle," type your posting, and click SUBMIT POSTING.
*FPF welcomes up to two entries per day per person. Post about whatever tickles your fancy. Click on the links under PAST ENTRIES for loads of great samples.
Invite your Vermont friends, family, co-workers and others to join their local FPF and enter the raffle! They can sign up at FrontPorchForum.com. Check out flyers, social media tie-ins, and more on our Pitch In page. Spread the word!
UPDATE: The raffle is CLOSED now. Our lucky randomly drawn winners are...
One overnight room at Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa
Mary O'Brien, Hartland
"Front Porch communication creates community, notifies neighbors, knits strangers together."
One K250 Coffee Maker (in Red) from Keurig
Rita Muller, Peacham
"Despite digital distraction, community and neighbors still remain incredibly important."
One Tower of Treasures from Lake Champlain Chocolates
Alec Slater, South End, Burlington
"I'm an apple-farming physician, so I keep myself away."
Two cases of SAP! Maple Drinks
Berta Winiker, Bennington
"Oh, schizophrenic Vermont winter, what variety might we see today?"
Theresa Butts, Tinmouth
"Palindrome love: Are we not drawn onward to new era?"
One $100 gift certificate to Jivana Holistic Spa in Burlington
Dan Elliott, New North End, Burlington
"So many engaged people; tell a friend to join FPF!"
One $100 gift certificate to Hunger Mountain Co-op in Montpelier
Ed Leszko, Barre
"My house has no front porch; internet does; thank you!"
One $100 gift certificate to Prohibition Pig in Waterbury
Elisabeth Walton, Stowe
"What did the zero say to the eight? Nice belt!"
One $50 gift certificate to Flying Pig Bookstore in Shelburne
Sarah Forbes, Williston
"Oh what nice people I have met borrowing and lending!"
One $100 gift certificate to Bluebird Barbecue in Burlington
Rachelle Gould, Old North End, Burlington
"FPF, the anti-Twitter: focused on local, no Trump, limitless characters."
One $100 gift certificate for Troy West Carpet Cleaning in Barre
Quint Welters, Cabot
"Why did the chicken cross the road? Dunno. Ask FPF... "
One $100 Gift Certificate to to Farmers to You in Berlin
Lava Mueller, Randolph
"I gave up social media... except for Front Porch Forum!"
12 pints of frozen yogurt (one/month) from SoYo Frozen Yogurt
Raven Grey, South End, Burlington
"Don't feed loons poptarts, 'they are endangered,' people will yell."
One "Year of Free Bread" card for Great Harvest Bread Company
Michelle Yargeau, South Burlington
"Let your words pass through three filters: kind, true necessary?"
One full makeover at Sequoia Salon in Burlington
Zachary Key, Winooski
"Have I ever bought milk from the same cow twice?"
One family portrait or signed print from Carolyn L. Bates Photography
Bobbie Moser, Milton
"Congratulations to Front Porch Forum! We are all better connected."
One 5-punch treatment card to OPEN Community Acupuncture in Waterbury
Linda Jones, Warren
"A broken ankle showed me the true spirit of Vermont!"
One $100 gift certificate to the Vermont Comedy Club in Burlington
David Hobb, South Hero
"Sparks fly with impunity; Please grant immunity; Forum implies community."
Two tickets to Joey Alexander April 22 at The Flynn Theater
Toria Reed, Salisbury
"Found a dog, lost a cat, everyone got pets back."
Two tickets to Balé Folclórico da Bahia Jan. 27 at The Flynn Theater
Leo Laforce, Westford
"President elect should learn to use FPF instead of twitter."
Two tickets to Cinderella, by State Ballet Theater of Russia Jan. 28, Spruce Peak Arts
Richard Hamlin, Georgia
"Once a small forum; now a lifeline for many people."
Two 1-Day Lift Tickets (no restrictions) to Sugarbush
Amanda Skull, Newfane
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." • Abraham Lincoln
Two 1-Day Lift Tickets (valid mid-week, non-holiday) to Bolton Valley
Julie Welkowitz, Richmond
"Lending a hand; selling tires; love the Vermont community spirit!"
One 1-month Family Membership to The Edge
Dale Lacroix, Essex Junction
"Be kind to unkind people. They need it the most."
One $125 gift certificate to the Shelburne Field House
Carole Carlson, Shelburne
"This Front Porch Forum skeptic has become an avid supporter."
Pair of Buy Local coupon books and mobile apps from Local First Vermont
Melissa Marcello, Charlotte
"You've outlasted the typical vacuum cleaner. FPF definitely doesn't suck!"
Leah Pellegrini, Essex Junction
"We moved here one year ago. FPF has helped us!"
Laurie Newton, Bolton
"Bears hibernating, cats sleeping, frozen-fingered humans starting cold cars."
• Currently pretending I’m at the beach.
• Hoping to increase Waterbury's population soon!
• FPF democracy: sometimes ornery, always vital.
• I'm beside Myself, cloning machine works!
• Lost spouses. New-found love. At 80.
• Shhhh, be like Dad and keep Mum!
• East Montpelier coyote teaches goldendoodle to howl.
• FPF, 7DVT and vtdigger.org keep me informed.
• Kissing nuns? Don't get in the habit.
• North Bennington walks vanquish cabin fever blues.
• Life before Front Porch Forum was complicated.
• Why's the sand wet? Because the seaweed.
• My wife and I are quitting smoking after thirty years. Wish us luck.
• If one reads FPF long enough one hears all sides of a story!
• Dalai Lama asks in pizza shop, can you make me one with everything?
• Everyone i know is having babies, i better learn to hold them soon.
• You're a Vermonter if your car trunk doubles as extra freezer space.
• Tomorrow is my Birthday, so I yell "Hooray, I'm almost ten today!"
• Spaces between your fingers were created so that another’s could fill them!
• The snowy owl made it to Vermont, maybe there will be twelve?
• Oh Barometer, Rise! Rise! Lift the ceiling of our skies!
• Small condo, tossing son’s baseball cards vintage nineties, want them?
• Surprising deep winter sight: Six baffled bluebirds quiver in birches.
• One snowman says to the next, “Do you smell carrots?”
• Who Could Write A Poem With Just Nine Words?
• Where to sharpen hockey skates? Forum’s wisdom pour forth!
• Neighborhood improvement idea: more block parties, fewer leaf blowers!
• Use Front Porch Forum to knit your neighborhood together.